Sunday, May 3, 2009

OK, I Admit It, I am a TI Freak




















There is no denying it, I am a Titanium freak. I went from a steel Panasonic DX-4000 in 1988 to a carbon Kestrel 200 SCI and then I bought my first TI road frame back in 1999 (a Litespeed Vortex). Titanium bikes offer the gold standard of ride quality -- incredibly lightweight, forgiving and stable while maintaining lateral stiffness, all while being much more durable than carbon fiber. What more can I say? I can't get enough of the stuff. All my rigs are titanium now, so I guess I am done....... Currently I have a Seven Axiom w/ Campagnolo Record, a Seven Muse w/ Campagnolo Record/Chorus mix, a Ritchey BreakAway TI Cross w/ Campagnolo Chorus and a Seven Duo with Shimano XTR. Here are some pics of my current stable.

3 comments:

  1. Will we see this in your Ti stable?

    http://www.bikerumor.com/2009/04/22/everti-ti-worlds-lightest-production-road-bike/

    ReplyDelete